The focus at Bibra Lake Primary School is clear – to ensure that every student is provided with appropriate curriculum to support them in achieving success. Further to this, the purpose is to ensure :
- Every class is a good one
- Every teacher is an effective teacher
- Every student is successful
OUR GOAL IS TO SUPPORT ALL STUDENTS
- Achieve their potential
- Have proficient literacy and numeracy skills
- Be IT competent
- Show initiative
- Communicate and solve problems
- Be resilient
- Be lifelong learners
- Be happy and secure
TO ACHIEVE THIS ALL TEACHERS ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Build positive relationships with students and parents.
- Have high expectations for all students
- Provide a safe and orderly environment
- Personalise learning for students
- Monitor performance
- Constantly reflect on how the students are going and make necessary adjustments for improvements.
AT BIBRA LAKE PRIMARY SCHOOL, WE AIM TO BUILD A DYNAMIC LEARNING COMMUNITY WHERE:-
- Students are at the centre of learning
- The environment is friendly, caring and welcoming
- There is a clear and inspiring educational vision to ensure all children achieve success.
Practical measures are implemented to achieve the vision
- Policy is open and accountable
- There is rigorous self-assessment
- School leaders set challenging targets for improvement
- We use evidence to inform improvement efforts
- Parents are seen as partners in their child’s development
A key part of this program is to support teachers to renew and build on their skills through targeted professional development in pedagogy, curriculum, assessment, technology and to guide changes where they are shown to be necessary. In addition, our approach to curriculum includes setting standards and targets for students key learning areas to direct planning and decision making. It is also recognised that actions taken in classrooms are the foundation for improving student performance.